How To Download Cast Icon On You Tube

Youtube Vanced and Chromecast

Everything I see seems to suggest that these things just... work together. But I don't have a chromecast button in Vanced at all and there's no setting that mentions it at all. Is there something extra you need to do to get that functionality? How have other people gotten this to work?

Non-rooted on a Pixel 2 if it's relevant. The app is working completely fine otherwise. Chromecast also works from the regular YouTube app so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the chromecast itself.

Thanks.

Log in or sign up to leave a comment

level 1

My issue is that it won't connect to my Chromecast the icon is there but when I select the actual Chromecast I want to cast to it doesn't work

level 2

I'm having the same issue. The worst is that it use to work. Now when I click on the cast icon nothing happens. When I go into option and try to link my Chromecast under 'watch on tv', nothing happens. It's been about a month now. I've tried clearing cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling... Nothing has worked. I miss being able to cast.

level 1

Not sure if you all figured it out yet, but you have to go to your account at the top right corner, settings, watch on TV, link to your chromecast.

level 2

I had found that, but I think it's only for "smart TVs" (or whatever you call them) with their own casting technology built in. At the very least, there's nothing about chromecast listed when I go there. It just says "no TVs found" and offers to let me link with a "TV code". All of the support for that feature talks about starting the YouTube app on your TV.

level 1

Everybody connect with the normal YouTube and then connect with YouTube vanced and connect it through YouTube vanced.

level 2

omg thank you, this worked for me!

level 1

I have the exact same issue. Non rooted Pixel 2 XL on latest security updates. No cast option displayed and it's enabled within the app.

Netflix, Plex etc all cast no problem.

level 1

I have the same exact issue on the same exact device. Been trying to find a solution for days but no dice...

level 1

Yes, I have the same thing.

I noticed that my tablet gives the chromecast button, and my phone doesn't.

The solution that @Nefarious77 gives works for me.

Still I find it strange that the button on my tablet is there and isn't on my phone.

level 1

I just tried to cast from my tablet and it worked just fine.

Its an old lenovo tablet on android 5. Latest youtube vanced and microg , and chromecast 2

level 2

Where on your screen is the chromecast button located?

level 1

Mine works fine too, no issues...

Stupid question that might help

  1. Have you set up your Chromecast

  2. Are you on WiFi? My logo isn't there when I'm off WiFi, no other explanation given

level 2

Yes and yes. Casting works as expected in the regular YouTube app, e.g. I'm casting Netflix right now.

I don't think casting is possible without WiFi in general. It works by using the wifi connection exclusively, IIRC.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/95ikdj/youtube_vanced_and_chromecast/

Posted by: quintontsoue0194921.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post